Some stuff about me…
1. I have lived in Tokyo for more than 6 years. The key to longevity with my lover Tokyo is getting out as often as possible so I have ventured to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Tasmania, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Athens, Barcelona, Ibiza, Paros, Mykonos, Santorini, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Thailand plus a tiny bit of Japan in that time. Where should I go next?
2. I am a hoop dancer, like the real deal that is what I do. I am a hoop dance teacher, performer and lover.
3. I inherently believe almost everything I read, therefore I have not read a newspaper, women’s magazine, celebrity gossip blog/mag or new headline in many, many years. I stick to things that I know are good for the soul.
4. I have one sister who lives in
London, sometimes I wish she chose Tokyo instead Australia.
5. I am in love with the sweetest boy in the world and on September 13, 2010 we married after three fabulous days of wedding parties including a Kira Kira Circus made so very special by our amazing family and friends.
6. I think all forms of animal meat are disgusting and very stinky.
7. I am hooked on banana, mango and spinach smoothies.
8. I rarely put things back where they belong, but I am working to make it a new positive habit.
9. I am O blood type, in Japan that means a lot (and apparently explains why I am so messy).
10. My birthday is January 7, 1977. I always thought that was kind of special but secretly wished I was born 7-7-77…how cool would that be?
12. I love Summer. I love everything about it, the smells, the fashion, the warmth, the atmosphere, the festivals. Winter makes me a little grumpy.
13. I get nervous filling in forms.
14. I have post office phobia.
15. I have to work hard to focus on any one project, my mind is always filled and racing with ideas and possibilities, I often find it hard to slow down.
16. I am in love with colorful and vibrant women.
17. Electronic music, with just the right beat and a female vocal gives me shivers of pure joy!
18. I love to dance, I have always loved to dance. I dream of a world where underground raves are the norm and ecstatic dance gatherings are part of the health system. Maybe they are in some cities, I should check into that!
19. Short hair, short nails, short attention span but not a short temper. I think I was born without the anger emotion, I get grumpy and frustrated just like most but it takes a lot to get me angry – a lot!
20. I am a daydreamer. It works out well for me!
21. I cannot wear high heels even though I think they are stunning. (but I have been practicing a little)
22. I think that all sickness is a direct result of our emotions and thoughts.
23. Red eyeliner has always been my thing but I have never worn red lipstick.
24. I cut my own hair but I have never cut another person’s hair.
25. I am a shop owner. Masao and I own and run Tokyo Made. We launched the online community February 14, 2007. ( I like that date a lot, looks good!)
26. I always knew my 30s would be great but not this great!
27. I have
three four tattoos. One in the middle of my shoulder blades that I dreamed of during a Reiki session many years ago. After having the strong visual I went to work then next morning and opened up a new shipment of books, the book on top was a book about angels and had the exact same heart with wings I had seen animated the afternoon before. It is a heart with wings which I now know it to be the sufi symbol, proof that I was destined to spin. On my inside right wrist I have the seed of life symbol, resembling creation and hoops and on my right wrist I have the word love stitched into my skin in red ink. Hoop love. I got another block colored red heart on my wrist while in Santa Cruz this year, I loved strolling around that city by myself feeling so full of love I thought it a nice symbol to commemorate the time.
28. The thing I love most about living in Tokyo is that it is very safe (except for the earthquakes) I enjoy the freedom.
29. I stay up late, really late.
30. I get nervous when I am on stage and it is not because people are watching me it is because I am scared of heights. I like to have my feet on the Earth.
31. I went to university for a while but it all seems like a blur, light years ago. I came away with a degree in Marketing and HR as well as a Degree in Education. I guess they came in handy. ;)
32. I love when men wear pink. I think the pink for girls and blue for boys people got it all back to front.
33. I am a dragon. A double dragon in fact, an astrological label I share with Dr. Seuss.
34. I love ice, the frozen water variety.
35. I love glitter and use it in some form everyday.
36. My wardrobes have multiple personality disorder. My costume wardrobe is a flurry of wildness, animal prints, colors and textures. My everyday wardrobe is a mash of black, grey and dark greens. I like contrast.
37. I have recently made friends with fire and it has opened a whole new world. Fire hooping, fire spinning and fire eating. Hot stuff!
38. I have a thing for gaudy, over the top head dresses. There are a few show girl type shops in Harajuku that I am hooked on. I stroll in far too often and just stand staring at the beaded, feathered, sparkling monstrosities. Bangkok makes me gaga! Those lady boys have got it too good!
39. I am a visual learner. I absorb in visuals and I release in visuals. I have learned from this that making a visual of what I want in my head works wonders for creating it. Being a day dreamer now has a whole new meaning.
40. I have super rad friends who do really cool stuff! I am often ridiculously blown away by the collective creativity I am surrounded by.
Now tell me a little something about you…